Saturday, May 22, 2010

HMS Bounty




Last one in the pool is a Rotten Egg. I think since the heat isn't on yet I will refrain, but the pool is open. The weather has been very cooperative, some sun, some rain and some sun. The flowers are just bursting with Thank You's. Aimee the boys and I took the first trip of the Summer to Stover's Cove this week. We did some beach walking, crab catching and chasing of boys in and out of the water. There was quite a bit or road erosion there this Winter and one of the cottages was washed away. The road is passable and it is always neat to look at Bailey Island from the other side of Harpswell.

Also in the area this weekend is the HMS Bounty at the Maine Maritime Museum. This is the replica ship built by MGM Studios in 1961 to serve in the film "Mutiny on the Bounty".It was made 1/3 larger to accommodate the film crews. There is always something interesting at the Museum and since Bath was named one of the Top 10 Small Towns in America it is a great day trip from the Inn.

I am giving the "Crazy Guest Award" so far this year to Bob and Betsy. They saw my blog about the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and drove all the way here from MA and back in the same day just to get one of my pies.I hope it was good guys, and see you in September. I made something else new this week. Rhubarb and Crystallized Ginger Bread Pudding, seems to be a hit. I am back on track with our new freezer and this week I made Butter Pecan Ice Cream. Thanks to room guests Curt and Kathleen for bringing us those fresh nuts. Busy, busy time at the Inn, next weekend Memorial Day and Bowdoin College Graduation. Emily has Graduated Cum Laude and we are so glad to have her back with us.

It is so exciting for us to start seeing all our regular guests back again. Come stay with us and you will become a regular guest, I promise.

All the best... Alicia