Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ice Cream




What an awesome day on Bailey Island. The pool is open, the sun shining and the lobster men hard at it. After several months of Matt bugging me, today I am finally making Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream. We have some Very Large Rhubarb patches on the property and it is a shame to let them go by. I even have some Room Guests that live locally that I have to call because they wanted to come back when I have made the Ice Cream. I think I should have Matt at least try it before I call them. I also just finished making a Blueberry Pie that a guest requested to go along with his 3.2lb Lobster for tonight.

In the Garden the Iris' and the Poppy's are so colorful it is like a painting as I sit and look out the window. The Magnolia blosssoms are just about gone, the Lilly's are on their way and I am anxiously awaiting the Dahlia's. I also picked the first lettuce of the season from the Garden what a treat the guests got. Today Sue is planting zucchini. This must be a sign of Summer, along with the kids finishing up school. Back to the Kitchen.. Alicia
P.S. Happy 31st Anniversary Sue and Neal