Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Renovations



The snow is almost gone after a 3 inch rainfall and 40 degree temperatures of the past couple days. The sun even came back, which makes for very nice working weather. That is convenient, as my sons, Matt and Adam are residing one of the buildings here at the Inn. They are being assisted by their very good friends, and equally good carpenters, Chuck and Jim.

Today is Adams 37th birthday. We will celebrate tonight at Cooks Restaurant.

It is nice having options of where to eat in January here on the islands. We have Cooks, Giant Stairs, the Fishnet cafe, and the 2 stores on Orrs and Bailey Islands. I am sure business is not exactly booming for any of these places, but we do appreciate having them open.

I started taking a quilting class last night with the Adult Education Program. It is a beginners class. Alicia said maybe I could make quilts for the Inn. At the rate of progress I made last night, my first completed quilt should be done about 2015!

64 more days until we open. Hope to see all of you this year!

'Til next time, Sue