Friday, June 17, 2011

33rd Anniversary



Well, today is Neal and my 33rd anniversary...hard to believe! Just like it is hard to believe this is our 31st year at the Log Cabin!

Yes, I know.....more garden pictures....but, honestly, the yard is spectacular right now. The blue garden features iris, false indigo, lupine....with rosa rugosa behind it, and in the background, the Miss Kim lilac are beautiful. The red maple I planted in my Dads memory. Oh, and the other picture is of the very large wisteria by our pool. The blossoms are hitting the ground there are so many.

Speaking of Dad, that is where Neal and I got married...in his yard. He lived in the house right beside the Bailey Island bridge. The day was sunny and nice--just like today! Back then, I was running Rock Ovens and Rock Ovens II (which is now where Rob Williams real estate office is). Actually, that is where Neal and I are having dinner tonight, but now it is called Morses Cribstone Grille. It is nice to see it open again after 2 years of bridge repair. I hated looking at that cute little building empty.

Hope all the Fathers out there have a great Fathers Day! All for now, Sue