Monday, November 14, 2011

Never ending yard work



Matt and Daisy are starting the job of clearing our hill. We do this almost every year, and by the fall, it looks like we never did it! As most of you know, plants, flowers, shrubs, trees, all love the Log Cabin yard. We have a ton of sun, and the temperature is 10 degrees warmer in the winter and 10 degrees cooler in the summer, than it is in Brunswick. Many of the flowers are still blooming--in mid November! We have also chopped the rosa rigosa (of which we have many).

Although I am not participating in this clean up physically, I am doing my part by pre-ordering lots of dahlias for next season! For some reason, my post office box receives many flower catalogs!!

Thanksgiving next week.....we will cook a local Two Cove Farms turkey. It is one of my favorite holidays.....food and family. Can't beat that. Hope you all enjoy your holiday as well! Sue