Friday, April 6, 2012

Open for our 32nd year!




It is a nice, sunny day here on Bailey Island!
I came home from my 4th trip to the grocery store, and these beautiful flowers had arrived....from my dearest friend Deb and her family! They are coming to stay this week, and having a lobster feast!
Even the johnny-jump-ups decided to bloom in the parking lot in honor of our opening. Aimee and I hung the new flag by the sign this morning.....would have made a funny video, as we were too short, so I stood on a chair, which came close to dumping me into the shrubs....but it is up!
It has been a busy week....Matt unloaded 240 bags of compost, we painted all the bird houses on the buildings, hung some new curtains, replaces many outside lights with new energy efficient LED lights.....on, and on.....
I just asked Matt if we are ready, and he said "I think so".....but he is still painting, and the kitchen looks like his private work shop!

Anyhow, it is Good Friday, there is a full moon tonight, and we are ready (we hope) for a great year! So, come see us! Even if you do not stay with us, stop in a say Hi!

Happy Easter all, Sue