Sunday, June 17, 2012

Opening Day


I know.. Opening Day for Baseball was months ago. With School out this week I am celebrating Opening Friday at Stovers Cove. Stovers Cove is located on the other side of Harpswell almost directly across from the Bailey Island Bridge. Every Friday a group of us with tons of kids meet at Stovers Cove starting from about 11am and we have been known to stay until sunset. The great part is that you can drive your car right out on the point that is owned by Harpswell Heritage Trust. Almost like an Outer Banks or Cape Cod feel. We unpack loads of stuff, grills, boogie boards, chairs, tables,etc. The kids just love it because of the many tidal pools and aquatic life they find. When the Tide changes  a rip current is formed and they can boogie board from the tidal pool into the Salt Water Cove. There are always buckets full of crabs, snails, seaweed, clams, and if they are lucky maybe a few crawfish. Aimee and I are usually there during the day and then we alternate who draws the short straw and has to come back to work at night.
This year Aimee has come up with a brilliant  idea she and I would stay there and Matt will work at night!!   Here is a picture of Terrence buried in the sand and I mean buried. Every crevice of him had sand.

This past week also kicked off the Music Theater  at Bowdoin College. The Maine State Music Theater is a Professional Group that does such a fabulous job that if you are around this Summer seeing a show is a must. Also visit the Art Museum, Perry Arctic Museum, Bowdoin Music Festival and the Beautiful Grounds at the College.

The Train is also running from Brunswick to Rockland. I was heading into the Grocery Store Saturday when I looked over at the new train station and saw some room guests waiting on the platform. It brought a smile to my face that they were off on a great day trip. Speaking of the train, it looks like we are all set for the Boston to Brunswick Amtrack Line to start in November. Wahoo!!!
The other thing that brought a smile to my face is the Peoni's bursting out this week. It was my
Grandmother's favorite flower and I think of her every time I pass them.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's especially mine and my husband.


Alicia