Sunday, November 25, 2012

BedRaces and Bradbury Mountain







Maine State Music Theatre




  Hi, it is Alicia. I decided I would give Sue a break and I wanted to show you these pictures. It is the time of year that we  need to start getting creative and find new and challenging things to do. Terrence and I attended the 2nd Annual Downtown Brunswick Bed Races. Last Saturday the Downtown Assoc Sponsored these bed races down Park Row, which is next to the park on Maine St., where the Farmers Market is located. I had never been but said, lets go!!!  This was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. They had 9 teams entered and the street was so packed with people it was like the Macy's Day Parade ( well kinda).  The Cool as a Moose Team won ( defending champions) but I think the best design was the Maine Music Theatre. The TV Station all the newspapers were there as well.

Terrence and I went to Cape Cod for Thanksgiving. On the way back we  stopped in Boston to see the Grinch Who Stole Christmas at the Wang Theatre. We met some of our friends, they took the Amtrack Train from Brunswick to Boston. Yes!!!  that is right folks. The train has actually come to Brunswick. You can  ride it from Brunswick to Freeport or Portland for the day do a little shopping and come back to your cozy room at the Log Cabin Inn.

Today with the temps in the mid 30's we ventured off to  Bradbury Mountain State Park in Freeport. If you can believe this it is the first time I have ever been there. We went with Aimee and Matt and the boys as well as my sister and her family ( and Daisy). The start up was steep and I was thinking,  What have I got myself into,  but then when we got to the Summit and  the rest of the loop was good. We passed quite a few people,dogs and Mtn Bikes. We do not have any snow yet so at least we were not dealing with that. It was nice to be with the gang again.

I hear Big things are going on at the Inn so I guess I will venture down this week.

   Health and Happiness ~~~Alicia

Camille,Gabrielle,Danny,Josh and Terrence
Looks like someone will have to take Matt's place next year.