Monday, December 17, 2012

Silent auction

Cooks restaurant has a dinner and silent auction in December to raise money for the Harpswell heating assistance program. Neal and I, Matt, Aimee, Danny and Josh along with Alicia and Terrence went last Friday night. The place was packed and there were many, many items to bid on. Above are a couple of the items I won. But, the big item I won is at Matt and Aimee's house......all three boys were quite excited to make certain that I would be the high bidder on this "thing". Not sure exactly how to describe  it except it is an oversized blow up pool toy that you sit on and supposedly has a little motor of sorts. The bidding went on for 3 hours and Dan, Josh and T took turns monitoring the bid. They would run back to the table and report if someone bid more than  I had. Actually, I think they were deterring anyone else from bidding!  Needless to say (in Josh's words) "It is SOO ours!!"

We are getting some beautiful, light, powdery snow today. Makes it look like a wintery wonderland! Busy week for many of us....we also have Josh's 7th birthday on Friday. He has lost his two front teeth just in time for his birthday!

Hope you are all healthy and happy this holiday season. Would be a great time to practice Random acts of Kindness....I know I will try to do so. Sincerely hope your holiday season is a happy one, Sue