Monday, January 14, 2013

January thaw

The temperatures are in the 50's today, and it is warm and sunny! Most all of our snow has melted. I am loving it, as I am not a snow fan. But I am sure the skiers are bummed out. I just went to LLBean and the clerk was upset as they have a big Snow Carnival this weekend. It is suppose to be cold by the weekend, but no storms in sight.

I have been taking many reservations this past week. We open up in 80 days! Holy crow.....that does not seem very far away. April 5th is opening day this year. Our 33rd year. Hope that does not mean I am getting "OLD"????? Course not.

Matt, Aimee, Danny and Josh started their Friday night skiing at Lost Valley in Auburn. The ski area has a special for elementary kids on several Friday nights. It is a nice small ski area, a good place for kids. Hopefully, the snow machines will be able to build the slopes back up after this thaw!

Well, I am going to head outside....who knows when we will see 50 degrees again! Sue