Sunday, July 28, 2013

Wedding garden

This is our new garden....well, the garden was there, but it was overgrown with herbs and perennials. And, next Saturday, August 3rd my son Adam is getting married, and I offered to do the reception here at the Inn. Tamara, his to be wife likes white flowers....so on a 90 degree day, I ripped the old garden out.  Room guests were ready and on call to call 911 when and if I passed out.....but I did not! Not bad for an old 62 year old lady in 90 degree heat! (Yes, sometimes I am not very bright.) Then, I had fun hitting the garden shops and buying white flowers. For those of you who are not familiar with the Inn, this garden is between the main building and the middle building. We are putting a tent on that lawn nearby this particular garden.

So, I have been very stressed about the wedding. But for some reason, now that it is the actual week of, I am not! Perhaps that is because I am tired. Perhaps that is because we have such a great staff I know everything will be perfect. But, in reality, I am so very happy that Adam (age 40), is getting married for the first time to a beautiful and lovely Tamara!! And, as a bonus, we get Frances...the cutest little 4 year old girl along with her Mom.

This will be the last wedding to be held here at the Inn.....until the grandkids get married. Will let you know how it goes....and post pics on Facebook too.

All for now, Sue