Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fresh Scallops

This is Donnie Freeman. He just delivered fresh scallops.....right to my house! He dives for them. Actually, you can see the area he dove for these from the Inn....right off Haskells island. They don't get any fresher than this! He was in the water hours ago. We will freeze them to serve on this seasons menu. People sometimes wonder why we do not have fresh scallops....but this is the season. It will be over soon!
Unfortunately, we will have no Maine shrimp this year. The government put a ban on shrimping this season. So, I will get extra scallops.
This is one of many, many reasons I love living on Bailey Island.  We buy our scallops and lobsters from people we know. Talk about shopping local!! We also have a crop share from a local farm too. That will start up in June.
Well, I think I know what's for dinner tonight. Yum.
Sue