Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Beautiful morning on Bailey Island

Don't let this picture fool you! It is sunny and calm, but quite cold! I "stole" this pic from Victoria.....she has been so great all winter taking pictures in all sorts of weather!
Well, we are almost in March! That should mean warmer weather......spring.....and we open soon! I have been very busy with phone calls and emails this week.....everyone must be hoping for the end of winter and looking forward to staying with us on Bailey Island!
The robins have moved into my yard, as well as our annual visit from Mr and Mrs Mallard (we call them Mildred and Marley). They have come for the past several springs.....enjoy some food and just hang out. I have even trained my dogs (labs) not to bother them! Yesterday, Mildred tried to sit on the snow, which was very crusty, and slid down the hill. Fun to watch!
Hope you are all well. Can't wait til we open! Sue