Saturday, July 28, 2018




Full Circle.          

Hello everyone!  This is Stephanie and I'd like to share my Log Cabin story with all of you.  

I’ve spent years as a corporate executive flying all over the world, dining in wonderful restaurants and staying in many hotels and inns.  Like most of you who travel, sometimes you have the pleasure of finding a place whose staff greets you with kindness and humor after a long flight or drive making you feel comfortable and welcome.  Those are few and far between so the good memories stick with you.

With that hectic schedule, it became important for my husband, Jon and I to have some special time together when I was home in Maine.  We found the perfect place in the Log Cabin and soon made it our regular staycation destination to relax and destress even though it was only 30 minutes from our home in Freeport.  Every time we checked in, we were greeted by welcoming staff who became friends over the years.  We grew to crave the instant deep breaths of ocean air, the view, the gorgeous rooms and the “to die for” breakfasts that come with a stay at the Log Cabin.  In fact, I can say, without question, that the Log Cabin was easily my hotel of choice of any that I’ve stayed at anywhere in the world. 

So, at almost 50 and at a point in my life where I am in awe of how small a world it actually is, I often find myself watching things come full circle.  Well that happened to me this year when Aimee called to ask if I was interested in coming onboard as a Log Cabin staff member.  With a break in my career this spring, the timing was perfect!  “Yes!!  I would love to!”, I told Aimee with excitement.

I left the corporate world behind in 2013 and had a few different jobs including an entrepreneur (I had my own Maine Made gift shop, The Wishful Moon, in Freeport) and as an Executive Director of the Greater Freeport Chamber of Commerce.  Throughout all that time, I stayed in touch with Sue, Alicia and Aimee always recommending Log Cabin to just about everyone I knew!  (You all know how that goes, wink, wink!) In 2016, Jon and I moved from Freeport to Orr’s Island and officially became part of this island community.  Our special place had become our actual home!  How lucky we felt!  Full circle 😊

So, in April, I came to work.  To the place that brought me such joy, to the place where I was immediately welcomed to the team and shown the ropes.  Victoria, Wendy and CC quickly became new friends.  I learned how much I love to cook and how much the Log Cabin means to all of you.  It has been interesting experiencing it from the other side and all I want to do is to make sure each guest has as much fun and feels as relaxed and happy as I did every time I stayed here.  I can’t say enough good things about Sue, Aimee, Matt and the team.  These are people who truly care about each and every one of you.  They have thought of all the details and it is their dedication to quality, customer care and thoughtfulness that will always make the Log Cabin one of the most amazing destinations you can hope to find.  I am happy every day that I come to work.  (Only part of that is because of the 90 second commute 😉  Part of it is also each one of you who have welcomed me so warmly. 
I am proud to be a part of this family and realize that I always have been and remain so… now just in a slightly different way.  Full circle 😊

XOXO,

Stephanie