Thursday, March 4, 2010

Countdown to opening day



Well, 29 days until we open. Here is a picture of Aimee, my daughter-in-law who I have written about for those of you who have not met her (and her dog Daisy). I have also told this story a thousand times....so, if you have heard it, stop reading.

15 years ago, Matt, Aimee and I were working when the Log Cabin was just a restaurant. I was cooking, Aimee was waitressing, and Matt was bartending. It was a very busy night and we were all tired. As Aimee left the kitchen with a tray on her shoulder she looked back at me and said "I don't know if I can keep this up". I looked at her, dumbfounded, wondering why would she say that.....she is 20 years younger than I am!

I have also said this a thousand times.....Aimee is smarter, prettier, and more ambitious than I am. Smarter is the operative word here. I had done restaurant work since I was 13, and was not smart enough to think I should do something else!!!! Those words that Aimee said that night was the best thing that ever happened to the Log Cabin. I did not want to run the place without my family. Thus, we transformed the restaurant into an Inn. And, we all love it.

So, thank you Aimee....for being so much smarter than your old mother-in law!

Til next time, Sue