Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hatch


My friends Hannah and Dustan have opened an Antique,Gift and Vintage Shop on Orrs Island.
They are having their Grand Opening today and I thought fit to stop on my way to work. The shop is oh so cute. They have turned an old shop into a bright and cheery place. Hannah makes  these little stuffed animals called "Softies" that I have my own personal collection of and they make such great baby gifts as well as adult gifts. It shows that Dustan has spent many hours looking through Vintage pieces to find just the right fit for the store. The great thing is that every day there can be different items and better yet I get to pass by there twice a day. So while you are out venturing around the Islands stop by Hatch and give the girls a Big Hello, they do like to chat.

Besides today being the Kentucky Derby, Cinco de Mayo and the the Big Moon it is Opening Day
( for me) on Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Season.  I see with all our rain and very little sun the Rhubarb
has made it to a height where I can go out a pull a few stalks. Our gardener, Wanda told me just pull the stalks don't cut them or they wont grow back correctly. With over half the room guests eating Dinner here tonight and our first No Vacancy of the Season what better way to celebrate with some Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. Good thing Matt is off today or there may not be any left for the Room Guests.

 To  all my friends Running in the Habitat for Humanity 5K today, Great Job Harpswell
Girls.



Alicia