Sunday, October 7, 2012

Catch and Release



  Aimee and I were cleaning the Harpswell Room when she yelled over to me " I need some Help."
I hurried over to find her in the downstairs bathroom hanging out with a Chickadee. The bird some how, like one of us left the door open, flew into the room and now Aimee had it trapped in there so we were not chasing it all over the room.  While we were trying to woon it off the shelf the little guy just keep flying farther away. Aimee finally popped the screen out of the window and I went around the other side and did a Chickadee mating call, whatever that is. Soon enough the young bird flew away and Aimee and I could get on with business. I thought we should take a picture of us having a beer like the Baileys and Coffee but back to work we went.
The outdoor temperature doesn't feel like July but inside the Inn it feels like July. This week we have had about a Dozen guests that come in July and have decided to add a Fall Trip to Bailey Island. It is great seeing them for an extra visit  and they get to experience Maine and get a different feel for Fall Foliage.
The Room guests have been raving about the William Wegman Exhibit at Bowdoin College. He has a photography display of his Weimaraners  dogs and a short movie to go with it. Everyone has said the movie is so funny and the exhibit is great, plus it is free. The exhibit will be at the College until October 21. 
We do have some openings the last week of October so don't miss out on some last minute leaf peeping, it will be months until you can get a great Breakfast or Dinner from us. One guest is just checking out and said " I will see you in 252 more days". I guess he is counting.


Happy Holiday Weekend ---Alicia