Monday, October 29, 2012

End of another great season!

So, I am sitting here in my little office at the Inn and no one is around. Shelves are bare, rooms are stripped, outdoor furniture is put away, all the frigs are off. The water is still hooked up, which is a good thing as you can see in the above picture, there is a ton of laundry at the end of the year! Aimee did load after load yesterday, but by 3pm, we were all ready to quit! So, I am doing some last loads right now.  As many of you know, I do not like the Inn to close. But, this year, as Hurricane Sandy is hitting the east coast, I am glad. I do not think we will be affected as much as many other states, but you never know. And I worry constantly about our guests when we are open during a storm. It is just starting to rain and the wind is picking up (my roses and dahlias are swaying in the wind).

The media sure is warning people to try to stay safe.  I sure hope that is the case! We will post pictures after the fact on our Facebook page so you can see how Bailey Island made out. I am sending good vibes to all of our extended Log Cabin family and friends that you will all be okay.

Well, it was a super year here at the Inn. We were extremely busy. And next year looks like it will be as well.....we have many reservations already. Give us a call anytime to reserve for next year.

My thanks to all and wishes that the storm does not do harm to any of you. Sue