Sunday, August 24, 2014

Dahlias

It is a beautiful Sunday morning here on Bailey Island! I just had to share this picture of the white dahlia....it is over 10 inches in diameter!! We have many other colors in the yard, but this one is the biggest so far.
This is Sue, finally with a few minutes to do the blog. If you follow our blog, you know that we bought a house to rent as a vacation rental, and it consumed my time for most of the season. Our first 3 week renters are leaving tomorrow. They came up to tell us how much they love the house. They are returning next year for 5 weeks. So, I guess it was a good idea after all. Worth the hard work....except I have not been able to do many of the things I normally do. Thanks to my wonderful co-workers at the Inn for picking up all the pieces. I am so thankful to the most wonderful crew that anyone could be lucky enough to work with.
Alicia returns today after a few days off in Rangely. Will be good to have her back.
School starts Sept. 2nd. Danny starts middle school. Josh still at Harpswell elementary school, and Terrence is off to St. Johns in Brunswick.
We have rooms open here and there in Sept.....more open in October. Come see us!
Love to all, Sue