Saturday, October 10, 2009

Birthday Girl





I guess Sue was OK with my end of the month room special because I am still here. What was even funnier was last Monday ( her birthday) I served Champagne to everyone while she was cooking Breakfast and did not tell her. Finally when she was done cooking I told her, and she did not believe it.... had to come out in the dining room to see everyone sipping Champagne to believe me. So then we each had a glass.

The foliage is taking place in Grand Shape. Now is peak foliage in the lakes and mountains of Western Maine,esp Mt. Katadin. We should be looking at peak in about a week which is coincidentally when my room special is.

Front Street in Bath was just named one of the Country's Top 10 Downtown Stretches.The waterfront area boasts galleries, food shops, an awesome cooking store,jewlry stores, Discount Clothing Store, Restaurants, and not to far away from the Maine Maritime Museum. Bath is only 1/2hr. North of us on Rt 1.

Don't think I have forgotten about promoting the lobster industry. The price is still low and will be for the rest of this year. This Sunday at Gilmore's Seafood in Bath you can buy a single lobster for $5 live or cooked. Next Saturday you can do the same at Five Islands Lobster Company, they even have free coffee and baked goods. This is also peak season for lobstering in Maine.

I am not cooking to much today beacuse Sue and I are on a Diet this week. I did make some spiced apple crisp. Tonight for Dinner I am making the Filet Mignon with a Crabmeat Bernaise Sauce. It must sound good to everyone because I am making 8 of them already for Dinner.

The answer to what was our most popular room this season is the Wiseman Room so 53% of you were correct. The fact that amazed us was that Merriconeag was the second most popular. If you don't see me posting next week it is because Sue has killed me for posting the picture of her plunging toilets in her Birthday Hat!!

Happy Columbus Day if you are off. Alicia