Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bon Apetit




I think Sue is on a quest this year to look through cooking magazine's and find the hardest recipes that she likes and wants me to make. This week the mouth watering picture in Bon Apetit of a lime curd tart with fresh blackberries and blueberries was her choice. This was worse than making the Ice Cream. It took me a day to make the lime curd and another day to assemble the whole thing. It may not look exactly like the picture in the magazine but I think it is pretty close.

My other picture is of our room guest Mr. Kasper moving the blow up bed from one of their rooms to another.So not only do our room guests do the dishes but they also move furniture and he and his wife bring us each the most wonderful box of chocolates.

The Lobster Bake Fundraiser at the Post Office was a great success. I am just happy that people actually bid on my Blueberry Pie. It was great to see some of our Room Guests there showing support for the Community.
Two more weeks and the local kids are back in School. This has been the best Summer for weather by far. I have never been to the beach so many times. Speaking of the beach the majority of you were right on my poll. There is controversary surrounding the access to Cedar Beach. The property has always been privatly owned and the people were gracious enough to let the public use it. Now they would like to sell the Right of Way to the Town and this is where the "Legality" of the situation arises. You can still access the path to the beach but have to use the larger beach to the Right of Cedar.

I am off on a Family trip to Northern Maine, Mooshead Lake this weekend and hope this is not the one weekend all Summer that it decides to rain.

Enjoy.. Alicia