Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just a little leak



Sue isn't headed off to the Plant Store today but I think that is only because it hasn't stopped raining in 24hrs. We needed the rain though, it has been a fairly dry Summer. I hope everyone enjoyed the basil photo. Sue planted it in the vegetable garden and I use it all the time. I think it will last until we close or first frost.

I was just looking at the Reservation Book and we do not have a whole weekend available until October 15th. I know I shouldn't be surprised by this right??? but I have also never seen September so full before it even starts. We already have 231 nights booked for next year. Those August guests do not like to take a chance that their room is going to be taken.

One day last week Sue and I were looking at flower photo's in the office when Emily said "You better come quick there is water pouring out of the back of the kitchen ceiling." There is nothing like water to make 2 people start running. It is always trying to find the source at 9am with a Full House that is fun. We called Plumber Matt and traced it to a closet behind the bathroom in the York Room. Ironically the gentleman staying in the York Room was a plumbing contractor. So now the guests do dishes, move furniture and fix our plumbing.

This is our last Friday with the kids at Stover's Cove and we are going all out with a full Lobster Bake and Grill set up. It is hard to believe it is back to school time but what a great Summer we have had.

By a narrow margin more people thought I was making Blueberry Pie which would have been true of the rest of the Summer but that day I decided to make Apple so Apple people win.

Alicia