Friday, April 1, 2011

Open for the Season--31st year


Well, here we are.....first day of the Log Cabins 31st year......and another big snow storm. I say another, as we frequently have a storm the day we open the Log Cabin. It is kind of an island joke. Matt didn't find it a joke as he is driving the snow plow in the picture, and had to shovel all of the walks and decks. And it is a very heavy, wet snow. The good news is, it is letting up and turning to rain. The weather forecast for the next few days is in the 40's, so it should melt quickly. I wonder how my many little crocus are doing under there?

I have yet to walk through all the rooms as my niece, Dawn, is still doing her magic and last minute finishing touches. She has been quite busy with the redecorating. I am sure it looks great!

Our room rates have changed a bit for the first time in several years starting today. Each room will be an extra $10/night. With all expenses increasing each year, we needed to make a modest increase in prices. The price increase begins today (not on existing reservations).

Well, I must do some confirmations.....have taken many reservations this week.

Here's to a great 2011 season! Sue