Saturday, December 18, 2010

Temporary bridge


Now that the "new" Bailey Island bridge is complete, the bridge workers are slowly taking apart the temporary bridge. Although I watched them build the temporary bridge, I cannot figure out why they are taking the road away from the structure first.....seems it should be the other way around to me. But then, I am an innkeeper, not a bridge engineer. I am sure they know what they are doing. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Speaking of progress, can it be we have been closed for almost 2 months? Let's see.....that means we open again in 99 days! Yahoo!! Can you tell that I love the Inn? I love everything about it.....the building, the view, the crew, the guests....oh yeah, and the gardens.

Christmas is next week. My grandson Josh turns 5 this week (speaking of time flying). His nursery school holiday pageant is Wednesday. Of course, I will attend. Last year he sat in his Mom's lap and watched....we will see this year if he participates. It is very cute either way.

Hope you are all well and happy, Sue