Saturday, February 25, 2012

100 million pounds of Lobster


Yes, that is right.....over 100 million pounds of Maine lobster was harvested this season. That is a new record! For those of you who have stayed with us, you know how many traps are set right in front of the Inn. There are not many traps left in this bay in the winter, but a few brave souls do fish all winter....they just go further out. I do not think you will see any boats today however. As you can see from the picture I just took, it is very windy and rough today. The snow storm missed us.....well, I guess the storm did not really miss us....we just got rain instead of snow.

I went to Bath to lunch yesterday and ventured into a lovely gallery called "Markings". It is on Front Street in Bath, and features over 50 local Maine artists and craftspeople. There seriously was not one item in there that I would not buy. The whole gallery is chock full of beautiful items. I will be going back to get some treasures soon! Bath is a very nice city to walk through....lots of nice shops and restaurants.

Well, it is almost March! You know what that means.....we open in a little more than 6 weeks!!!! The official opening day is April 6th. I can't wait! Have a happy day! Sue