Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Breaking Records



Here is a picture of the sunset on the first day of spring. Sure, that is not a record breaker, but the temperatures sure are! We actually sat outside and watched the sunset with no jackets!! In March?????? Today is suppose to be in the 80's! This is a first for Maine, that is for sure.

I think I am setting records for the month of March for taking reservations! There were 6 requests on the email this morning alone. I keep typing them in our computer and printing a new book. We open on April 6th......then we will be at the Inn all day, so I will have help with the reservations. Trust me, I am not complaining!

The rooms are all ready, gift shop and dining room all set.....just need to turn on the water, plug in the frigs, order some food.....on to our 32nd year!! Oh, and then, of course, I get to go plant shopping (my favorite pasttime)! It is tempting to do just that with this weather, but if tradition continues, we will have another snowstorm at some point.....frequently opening day!!

Well, I will head to the Inn to set up the office for another year. And, possibly, go to the beach! All for now, Sue