Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Heat is On



 I am cold just looking at these two guys in the pool. The heater is on and the water is warm but it is the 57deg temp and wind when they get out of the pool that I would not be looking forward to. Howard and Mike are our first guests in the pool this year and I would guess I wont see anyone else in there for a few more weeks. This group has been coming to the Inn every year for over Ten Years to celebrate the end of their Team Bowling Season. It is a pleasure to have the gang back again. My pleasure at least because they bring fudge and lots of treats from Dairy Queen.

We have had a few sunny days and one day almost hit 70deg. This gave Sue all the excuses she needed to buy more flowers and plant the Vegetable Garden.  We started some seedlings inside and now she has transferred most of them. I look forward to the fresh herbs that will be ready soon. Another bonus is the plants are almost gone from the dish corner and we will get our counters back :).  The Rhubarb is ready and I made the first Strawberry Rhubarb Pie of the Season. Matt was waiting at the oven door for it to come out.

We have had a steady May. I was just looking at the book and Wow this weekend is Memorial Day. We do have a couple openings on Friday night. It is still a great time to get in on our Spring Rates.
Enjoy the week ahead.

With Health and Peace, 


Alicia