Sunday, April 8, 2018

We are Open 2018 !




I am sure you have been wondering what in the World has happened at the Log Cabin Inn  and what has happened to the blog. Well what a Winter it has been. Not  counting the many, many snow storms and extremely cold January temperatures lots more has been going on. Lets start with me. We sold our house here in Harpswell in January and decided to relocate to Massachusetts at the end of the school year. As many of you  know my husband works in Boston and the weekly commute was getting old.
I will continue working at the Log Cabin this Spring until mid June. We are renting a house locally. This has been the busiest off season I have ever had. I have been substituting at Terrence's school and I have a client at the Senior home I have been taking care of, along with driving to MA to look at houses. I also spent 5 weeks in a walking cast on my left leg to repair my Achilles so I wouldn't need surgery and luckily it worked. We had endless snow days at school. The District is doing everything they can to get the kids out by June 25th.  Sue also moved from Bailey Island to Orrs Island.

So enough about me.  Matt and Aimee were busy once again this Winter. I only just went in the rooms today. It seems like it was the year of the couch's here. The Harpswell , Mt. Washington, and Westview rooms all have new couch's. The Harpswell room has a new walkway, which I will enjoy since I will not have to weed it. Harpswell also has a new kitchen floor which I am thrilled about as well. Casco Bay, Bluefin and Sunset all have new decks. Westview has a new microwave cart and refrigerator. Many other small things, too many to count. Matt also did a lot of painting in the kitchen and organizing our back laundry room.

Today I spent a few hours in my Winter clothes and hat raking some of the flower beds and starting the clean up. The tulips are coming up ( if the deer do not get them) along with the daffodils, crocus, and rhubarb. Tonight I started prepping some food. The smell of that crab dip made me want to eat the whole thing.

We have the crew coming back from last year. CC, Wendy, Victoria, Aimee, Matt and myself. I want you  to also welcome Stephanie to our group. She lives on Orrs Island and has been a former room guest. She also works at Fiore which is where we get the wonderful olive oil that we give away in the rooms.

I promise I will try and do better with the blog.

Blessings,

Alicia