Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sunrise


The sun is just rising at the same time I arrive at work now. The days are shorter, and brisk. We even had to light the fireplace one day. I love this time of year! Only problem is that we close in 6 more weeks. I get asked frequently if I am anxious to close, and the answer is "No". I love the Log Cabin. Our crew is the best anyone could ask for. Our guests are the most amazing people. I also love to cook breakfast. Today I am making waffles, ham and banana pecan muffins. Laura will be in shortly to make the fruit. This morning all 9 rooms are return guests---making it feel like one big family.

Last night was a silent auction for the Harpswell Community Nursery School. I was very brave and gave Aimee and Alicia a signed check and told them they could bid for me. I wonder what I bought, and how much I spent? Will let you know.

Off to cook breakfast! Sue