Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful


I don't think I have ever seen the tide this low at the bridge. This picture was taken the day before we had the big snow storm. Well, it was not really big here on Bailey Island as is often the way. But, if you drove to Brunswick it was big.....lots of accidents, and of course, we lost power (that goes without saying on Bailey Island).

That is one thing to be thankful for on the island. The weather is often much better (warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer) than it is inland. There are endless reasons to be thankful here on Bailey Island.....the beauty, the community, the safety, the small town feel.....I could go on and on.

But, being Thanksgiving week, I am thankful for my family, friends, and of course the Log Cabin. We are starting our 32nd year this year at the Cabin....15 as a restaurant, and 17 as an Inn. I think I love my job as an Innkeeper more and more each year. Our "guests" are becoming an extended family. We really are SOOOO fortunate to have such a great clientele! The Inn is a very special place, and obviously attracts very special people.

So, Thank you to my family, friends and all of our guests. I hope your Thanksgiving was a happy one. Sue