Sunday, December 11, 2011

December on the island


Well, I just got back from Key West, and the weather here is still mild! Grass is green, some of the flowers are still blooming (the forsythia in my yard think it is spring and flowering), no frost yet. I am sure it is coming, but the slower the better as far as I am concerned. The only thing is, it does not look like Christmas. We do have lights on this little blue spruce. We get out blue spruce from a nice tree farm in Freeman township. You can cut your own tree there too. But, that is about 2 hours from here.

This weekend the local Harpswell Craft Guild has hosted Holidays in Harpswell. I sure hope they do well. There are several talented craft people in town. Next weekend Cooks Restaurant has a Holiday dinner and silent auction from 4-7 to benefit the Harpswell Heating fuel assistance program. There have been a ton of really good items donated (including, of course, a night at the Log Cabin). It is a good cause, and many people attend.

So, perhaps if I drag out a few Christmas decorations I will get in the holiday mood. I do hope all of you have a very Happy holiday season. Stay healthy and safe!

All for now, Sue