Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Winter solstice



I took the sunset picture on the shortest day of the year. The sun is setting behind Mark Island this time of year.....and most of you know, on the longest day of the year, it sets behind Mt. Washington. I am very happy that the days are getting longer...not a fan of cold and dark at the same time! The picture of the sea smoke was taken on Christmas morning. Our mild temperatures we have had this fall, dipped quickly on Christmas--thus the sea smoke. It is quite spectacular to see! We did get a dusting of snow here on Bailey Island, but it is disappearing now. They are predicting heavy rain and wind later today.

Such a busy time of year with the Holidays. My grandson Josh turned 6 on December 21st too.....so more parties and presents. Those 6 years sure flew by. It is amazing how fast time goes. I never seem to get all the projects done that I think I can do in the off season.

Reservations continue to come in thankfully. We open in 99 days!

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays! Sue