Saturday, May 19, 2012

Friends

A room guest asked it I just started working at the Inn this year and it got me to thinking....
Sue and I have been friends for close to 18 years now. I first met her when I started working at the
Log Cabin when it was a Restaurant. We hit it off right from the start. At the end of about my 3rd season she brought me into her office and said " I am done, no more Restaurant. I am changing the place to an
Inn."  I was all for that since my College Major was Hotel and Restaurant Management.
We have shared so many good times together. We have gone on vacation together, San Antonio, Texas by far the best. Both she and Aimee were in my Wedding. Sue was in the delivery room when Terrence was born. We have also done quite a few things together than I can not share. I feel like I am delivering her Eulogy, she already knows  I am planning that as well. This time of year I am always giving her a hard time about buying Soooooo many flowers but honestly could you imagine coming to the Log Cabin and not seeing all of them. She is not only a best friend  but truly the best Boss anyone could ask for. How many other Boss' enjoy scrubbing and plunging toilets. Did you know she had a cake in the shape of a plunger for her 50th Birthday?
   So here is a picture of a vase Sue gave me many years ago for my Birthday and throughout the season I bring it in once a week an make her replenish the flowers in it.  Next time you stay  at the Inn you will have to ask Sue about the good times we have had.

Cheers!

Alicia