Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lobsters,lobsters, lobsters. I just Love Lobsters. I could eat them any way. Steamed, Stew, Rolls, Eggs Benedict, Casserole you name it. So it is a good thing I am living in the right place. This year the Lobster catch has been outstanding so the price is low at a record date. The softshell catch is almost a month early this year. The price I have been seeing around the Fish markets are $3.99lb for Softshell. That is the same price as a Gallon of milk. I could drink water and eat lobster any day. I think our mild Winter could contribute to the early lobster catch as the Ocean water temp is a little warmer earlier. I am just happy about it and everyone should eat Maine Lobster, even if you have to ship it !!!

The other item early this year is the Strawberry Picking. Matt and Aimee went picking this week and we have some mighty fine strawberries at the Inn along with my biscuits. I went picking also but I ate what we picked. Which brings me to my next topic. The yearly Bailey Island Ice Cream Social held at Library Hall on the 4th of July. The brownie's with strawberry's and assorted toppings are an Island Tradition. Not only all that but where else could you watch the Volunteer Kazoo Band marching down Rt 24 to the Hall.

Here it is July 1st and the start of all our Regular Customers. All the same people back for all the same rooms they love for all the same days. They all know each other, like one Big Happy Family. We also had a wonderful June...pretty sure the best to date. We already have our largest room the Harpswell booked for all but 4 days in September 2013!!

Just want to give a little thought to all our friends in Colorado Springs dealing with the Fires and in the Washington DC and Maryland area dealing with the recent storms. This has hit close as I have sister in laws in both areas. Everyone have a safe and healthy 4th of July week.


Alicia