Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Frigid!

This picture was taken by Mackeral Cove.....those are large piles of lobster traps the fisherman have taken out of the water and stored until spring. The temperature today is about 10 degrees, and suppose to get colder the next few days. I can't image lobstering in the summer let alone winter. There are a couple very hardy guys that do fish in the winter. So, you can still buy live lobsters year round. Actually, I made lobster quiche last weekend....yum!!

Aimee and I went carpet shopping this past week. Actually, someone is coming to measure 3 of the rooms today. Matt has been busy patching and painting. I just sent out 5 confirmations for new reservations! Will post pictures when we get further along in the renovation process.

Very little snow here on the island. They forecasted a large storm for us for today, but it missed us! Fine with me. Had a fun 40th birthday party for my son, Adam yesterday. 40!! How could that be?

Hope all is well with all of you, Sue