Friday, November 15, 2013

November gardens

Okay......I promise this will be my last "flower" picture (yes, my fingers are crossed).....but, I just could not resist! It is mid-November, and we still have flowers here at the Inn. There have been years in the past that they last til December!  The Log Cabin is indeed a special place!
Well, we are all closed up. I am sitting in the office at the Inn with a down jacket on. Waters drained, everything is all packed up. It's kind of sad.
Neal and I took off the day after the Inn closed and went south for 12 days. It was a nice break. Matt has been hunting and got a moose. Now, that's a lot of meat! Alicia's son, Terrence, just turned 7 yesterday. Not sure if there are any big island happenings, as I just got back, and have not been able to catch up on the local going-ons.
The days are very short.....sunset at 4:15. Have to walk the dogs with head lamps on, as well as many layers of clothes! I do like the seasons, but winter could be shortened in my opinion.
I know the blog is overdue.....was a busy month.....I will try to blog more often for those of you who follow!
Hope you are all well, Sue