Monday, October 14, 2013

Columbus Day Dahlia Feast

Just went out to pick a few flowers.....had to get a tray to hold all of these dahlias! The colors (and size) are quite spectacular! Next year, I think I will start them inside so we don't have to wait until fall to enjoy them. It has been a busy holiday weekend....we have one room open tonight, but I am sure someone will come along later today. We are down to our last 2 weeks....closing Oct. 27th. Been a great season. The fall weather has been just super.  Spectacular sunsets, clear skies, cool nights, comfortable days.
I must get busy on our "winter fix-up" list.....have to keep Matt busy! He would be happy to just hunt and ski! He and Aimee and the boys are up north right now (Kingfield way). Maine is such a great state. Ocean here of course, and 2 hours away, in the mountains. It is like a different world. Maybe this winter I will explore some parts of the State I have not been before. Sounds like a plan.
Well, must go put these pretty flowers in some vases for all to enjoy.
Hope all is well with all of you, Sue