Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lobsters




Guess what everyone the sun is out, people are in the pool and I am not complaining of the rain, Yeah ! I am very excited that Lobster Season has arrived. The Lobstermen are out fishing in the Bay right in front of the Inn. You can even see the different color buoys that each lobster man has. The good news is that the price of Lobster is Very low right now. One of the local seafood stores is selling the 1 lb lobsters for $2.99lb. For $3.99 lb you can get them a little larger. It is cheaper to eat lobster than Hotdogs. The bad new is that the Lobster Men are only getting paid $2.50 or so from the dealers for their catch. What with the rising cost of fuel, bait and other expenses it is really a tough time for the Lobster Men to break even. So please the next time you are thinking of a real yummy meal pick up a few lobsters and think of Maine..or better yet come to the Log Cabin and I will cook you up some.

I would like to thank Doreen for bringing us some of her homemade Baklava. Then to Marcia for my stuffed pink flamingo, at least I know someone is reading my blog. We still have a few openings left for this Summer, looking forward to seeing you all.

Alicia