Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Camera





I have been bugging Sue for awhile now that we needed a camera at the Inn. Every time something funny happens that I want to show on my blog no one has a camera here. Last week Matt had the Gator Tractor with the BushHog trimmer on the back and he was trimming the hedges on the waterside of the lawn. Next thing you know he is inside looking for a tow rope. The bushhog was down over the embankment and the Gator was stuck. Matt was able to back the truck up to the handicap spot, and then tie the tow rope on. Then Matt got in the gator and I got in Matt's truck and we towed it out of the bushes. This is when I wish I had the camera. An hour later Sue had gone to Brunswick and came back with a new digital camera. This is of course something I have to figure out. She also came back with a video camera which I can figure out how to run but seem to be having trouble actually getting it transferred. So next time we have a computer geek guest come maybe they can do it.

August has actually brought us some warm weather finally. Hence my pictures of the kids in the pool. Danny is on the right bottom and Josh on the Left. Then Terrence is in the photo on the top. It will be nice come the day when I do not have to go in the pool with him. I have a hodgepodge of stuff to say... Another Lobster War started in Owls Head, vandalism and a boat sinking check it out at www.knox.villagesoup.com. I do continue eat lobster as much as I can and hope they stop fighting. Today is the Orrs Island Book Sale, this is one of the Harpswell's Biggest Events of the year. When I came to work there were about 40 cars in line 1/2hr before it opened. They sell both new and used books, CD's, DVD's and a great selection of Children's Stuff. There is also a bake sale (which they hit Aimee and I up for)and library clothing. They are planning for the expansion of the library this year. They have a great section in the back with free computer use and WI Fi. We even have regular guests that are library card holders. So next time you come check out our library.

In keeping with Sue's request for a different vegetable for lunch each week, today we had Bok Choy. I made a Chicken and Peanut Stirfry. Then I had to stock up on some Seafood Sauce and Crab Melts. Now I am headed in to see what kind of Ice Cream to make..I think Caramel Pecan.

Have a great week everyone.