Saturday, October 9, 2010

Holiday Weekend







Hi it is Alicia. I think Sue was drinking when she did that last blog because even I can't figure out her math. Her " Surprise" Party wasn't much of a Surprise. Sue told Aimee and I practically how to organize it. When, What, Where, the food, guests,budget ( which there was none) etc. The Party was absolutely fantastic, the Music which was a surprise made for some great entertainment. Above is a photo of her two Brothers, Bob is on the left and came up from Cape Cod and Bruce is on the right and lives here on Bailey Island. Aimee and I told Sue we are going on a Cruise for her 70th, no more party planning.

I know quite a few guests went to the Alpaca Farm this Summer. Now you need to go no further than Front Street in Bath to visit a new Store called " Winters Gone" that will carry Alpaca Fashions. There is also a Seafood Market that (re)opened near Shaws called Long Reach Shellfish. They have a quite a variety and will pack lobsters to travel, although you can not eat there like at Gurnet Trading. Then there is my new favorite Gourmet Deli called the " Market Basket" ( not the grocery store) It is located on Park Row in Brunswick just parallel to Maine St. We catered some items there for Sue's Party and it was so yummmyy. You can eat there or take out. The pastries, sandwich's and smoked seafood are a few favorites. Oh and one more thing smoked sun dried tomato spread.

The weekends are still remaining full. We do have some openings on our last weekend Oct 29th and 30th. We also have some nights available during the week. If you have been reading the blogs or have been here you know some weird stuff goes on. This AM while I was bringing my cleaning basket to a room I looked over and one of the room guests was on the lawn playing bagpipes. It was there first visit here, came without a reservation and apparently felt right at home. I wish it was last week during my Anniversary because the bagpiper piped us out of the Church.

It was neck and neck with my last question. The pool heater was not off but has since been winterized, it got some great use this Summer.