Saturday, July 30, 2011

Eagles



Neal and I finally got our boat in the water and ventured out last weekend. We found a little cove to moor in to have our lunch, and I called Matt to see when low tide was. I just happened to look up when I dialed, and was staring at a pair of eagles sitting on a branch. Of course, we had not brought a camera. So, we went back the next day and the branch was empty. Then one landed, and Neal got this shot of it. As I was watching I said "I wonder where the other one is?". Then the second one flew over the trees and circled our boat within feet. Of course, Neal had his head stuck in a cubby hole cleaning....and missed the picture. We will venture out again this weekend. They must have a nest nearby, but we could not see it.

The bottom picture is of one of our room guests (who obviously reads the blog) handiwork. Trust me, it is a joke....we did not bury the Comcast guy. Actually, we need him to come back, so perhaps we should remove the "joke".

We got some much needed rain last night. Maybe the grass will return to green soon. The weather has been fantastic.

Hope all is well with all of you, Sue