Saturday, September 29, 2012

Computer crash

I know, I know.....the title of this blog has nothing to do with this picture. Let me explain......our computer program that we have entered over 5000 reservations on for the past 15 years "ate itself" (that is the computer experts term). We had pushed it past its limit. This is good and bad. The good? We entered so many guests and reservations that it could not hold them all.....the bad?  Well,  I will spend the next months entering every ones info into a new program. And, we do not like the new program as well as the old (isn't that always the way?).  So, I have entered all of September and October of this year.....and I started on 2013.....when I decided it was boring and went out to take a picture of our "red" garden.....which is spectacular right now!!

So, bottom line (as my husband would say)....is that this September we were 96% full.....October we are already 65% full....and next year we are 27% full already!! Yes, that is good....unless you are the person typing all of that info into the new program. Actually, I am not complaining. I like to type!

 So, for past guests who are used to getting our promo discount postcard, that will not be happening this year. I cannot type fast enough. With any luck, I will get everything entered so we can send a
Holiday card (no guarantees). We shall see.

Last weekend, and this weekend, we have had wedding parties staying with us. Last weekend the weather was iffy.....this weekend it is drizzly and cold. Hopefully the wedding will be great regardless.

Well, I have a big birthday this week.  I could actually collect Social  Security! I guess that means I am officially "old".....but I sure do not feel it!   (You are suppose to say I do not look it right now.)

Ok, type, or pick flowers......what do you think? Sue